Since the 1st May 2019, the National Construction Code (NCC) 2019 was adopted by all Australian States and the Northern Territory (NT). The adoption signifies that NCC 2019 is given legal effect by relevant legislation.
The GHD Auditorium was the venue for a seminar event entitled “Structures and Fire – National Construction Code 2019 – Revealed”. Speaking at the event, Mr Adam Matteson (Suncorp Group), Mr Stephen Burton (FERM Engineering), and Dr Cristian Maluk (The University of Queensland), presented on changes in NCC 2019 and the impact in the Australian fire safety and structural engineering design industry. The event was co-hosted by the following institutions and organizations:
- Engineers Australia (Structural College QLD)
- School of Civil Engineering at The University of Queensland
- Institution of Structural Engineers (Regional Group QLD)
- Engineers Australia (Society of Fire Safety)
- Institution of Civil Engineers (QLD Branch)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (Australia Section)
- Australian Institute of Architects (QLD Chapter)
The event was sponsored by Permax Protection, the Institution of Structural Engineers, the Institution of Civil Engineers, the American Society of Civil Engineers, and the Australian Institute of Architects.