The Australia Regional Group from the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE) held the 2019 Young Researchers’ Conference, 29 November 2019. It is great to see UQ Fire students’ demonstrating the relevance of their work in front of the wider civil engineering community.
At the event, UQ Fire students presented the following:
- Abdulrahman Zaben – Timber-FRP Glulam Beam Prototype: Fire Performance Proof of Concept (PhD)
- Bernabe Solis – Analysis of a Prototype Timber-FRP Glulam Beam under Fire (MEngSc)
- Camilo Montoya – Response of Concrete Elements Exposed to Traveling Fires (MEngSc)
- Diana Bejarano – Fire Performance of Intumescent Coatings upon Hindered Swelling (MEngSc)
- Manikandan Iyngaran – Calibration of a sensor for measuring moisture inside concrete during fire (MEngSc)
- Quang Le – Physical-based Model for Load-Induced Thermal Strain of Concrete Subject to Load and Temperature Changes (PhD)