CORE: A new era in engineering service
An evolution of RAWFiRE and RAWRiSK sees the emergence of Core Engineering Group. We have established a core group of professionals to service our clients’ project needs. Our specialist fire and risk technical engineers and consultants are supported by a highly qualified administration team and CA financial management expertise. This is a permanent position which offers long-term career growth with diverse opportunities. You will work in an enviable office environment that is both supportive and friendly, with excellent resources and a genuine work/life balance approach.
Key benefits to the successful candidate:
An incentive scheme based on experience and satisfactory completion of key performance indicators
- In-house mentoring through senior accredited fire engineers
- Ability to work on local and national projects
- Career progression only limited by your abilities
Responsible for acting in the capacity as a Senior Fire Engineer with duties including the preparation of fire safety audits and fire engineered alternate solutions in accordance with the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and the International Fire Engineering Guideline.
An interest in Emergency Planning and Management will also be highly valued. Relevant responsibilities of such audits and reporting will involve familiarisation with project constraints, timing, cost control and compliance with applicable codes and guidelines. In a senior role, you will be responsible for mentoring fellow fire engineers to further develop their skills across wide ranging areas such as client liaison, technical capacity, report writing, new methods of analysis and thinking. You will attend meetings on behalf of the Directors for complex projects (where required) and assist junior Engineers to develop their skills in design meetings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop fire engineered solutions and briefs commensurate with current industry practice, relevant guidelines and the Building Code of Australia;
- Undertake fire safety audits in a limited capacity under the guidance of a Senior Fire Engineer;
- Continual review of project requirements and deadlines to ensure that projects are completed within such limitations;
- Work directly with the Engineer in charge on the key design aspects of the project and the processes to be adopted to ensure that relevant requirements are adhered to;
- Research and familiarise yourself with the latest procedures and information available within the fire engineering fraternity.
- Undertake Continual Professional Development in accordance with those requirements set down by the Institution of Engineers Australia;
- Attend Industry functions which serve to benefit your development as a professional Fire Engineer and the on-going image of CORE Engineering Group.
- Assist in the planning and development of Emergency Management and Planning or have an interest in learning this particular field.
To be considered for this role, you should possess the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Senior Fire Engineer in a similar role;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications. Recent graduates or those nearing completion will be considered for graduate roles;
- Proven ability and experience in fire safety engineering;
- Team-oriented, with demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with people of all levels and experience;
- Personal drive, results-orientated with a friendly, can-do attitude
Salary is negotiable based on qualifications, experience and ability.
To apply, please e-mail your application letter and resume to email@example.com
For more information about core – see CORE Engineering.